The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with:
- A foundation of basic project management skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies
- Competence to be an effective project team member
- Competence to execute small, simple projects
- Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of large projects
- Contribute and provide assistance to a project`s scope, life cycle activities and the effective execution of the project plan by applying the correct range of project management tools and ensuring project work is carried out according to plan.
- Support the implementation of the project plan in response to outcomes evaluated and assessed and provide related inputs to keep the project on track.
- Perform administrative duties related to the project and documentation requirements and administer project meetings and workshops.
- Contribute to project financial management issues related to cost budgets for an element of work.
- Work with and support team project members working on the designated project.
- Perform procurement duties related to the project undertaken.
- Supervise a project team and implement a range of procedures and systems related to one of the following types of projects; developmental, technical or business.
The programme duration is 36 months (18 months theory /18 months in-service training) and tuition is negotiable. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time basis.