Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
What is involved
Earning an MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development certification qualifies you for a position as a BI developer.
STEP 1 – SKILLS
STEP 2 – EXAMS
STEP 3 – CERTIFICATION
STEP 4 – CONTINUING EDUCATION
- This course requires that student meet the following prerequisites, including that they have:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
In this course, delegates will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. In addition, delegates will be able to:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods
- Describe bounded network media
- Describe unbounded network media
- Identify the major types of network implementations
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods
- Analyse routing and switching technologies
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation
- Analyse network security
- Implement network security
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation
- Manage networks
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
Module 6: Implementing DHCP
Module 7: Implementing DNS
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V