Why choose this field
This qualification is aimed primarily at giving the learner technical, theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge and workplace knowledge and skills required in their chosen occupational/vocational area. The design of the qualification is such that if taken sequentially with related N courses i.e.N4+N5+N6, it enables learners to progressively obtain the National N Diploma once the required practical work component of two years, as required for Civil Engineering, is completed.
N2: Engineering Studies, or a Grade 11, or a Senior Certificate, or NSC with Mathematics.
Once you have completed National Certificate in Civil Engineering N6 at Central Technical College, you will be equipped to apply for jobs in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Project Management
- Waste Water Treatment
- Environmental Engineering
- Road Construction and Maintenance
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a National Certification in Civil Engineering.
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATE AT EACH LEVEL: N3, N4, N5, N6
- NATIONAL N DIPLOMA (on completion of N4-N6 and two years in-service training).
All examinations are National Examinations, set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Certificates and diplomas are conferred by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
All qualifications are nationally recognised by industries and universities.
- The programme duration is two years full time with two years in-service training and tuition is face to face. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time basis.
First Year - Semester One
First Year - Semester Two
Second Year - Semester One
Second Year - Semester Two